Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Placement Blog Post

1.
I believe I will be best at learning new software.
On a regular basis, I am always testing out new software at home where I have had a lot of experience in harnessing the potential in different types of software. I know how to differentiate between good and bad software and what is useless/useful.

I believe I will not do so well in developing and creating websites. Although I have taken a few programming courses in the past, HTML is a fairly new concept to me and I have put much effort into making my blog nice and neat. I believe there are other students in the class who are much more fitted for this job.

2.
Creativity:
8 - I am good at coming up with creative ideas but sometimes it takes a lengthy amount of time before I get the "aha!" moment. Other students may have an easier time coming to this "aha!" moment.

Responsibility:
10 - If I say I will get the work done, I make it my priority to get the job done well. I always take responsibility for my own mistakes and wrongdoings.

Web Design:
8 - Although I have stated in the past that I am not amazing at web design, I had a 100% custom theme on my blog before (which I had to convert back to a template them due to the RSS feed not working) which took me a lot of time to create. I was able to change the way I wanted something but this took time. HTML is not yet second nature to me as I am fairly new at designing web pages.

Developing Action Plans:
10 - As a previous manager at a unit in Wonderland, action plans are made in my head without much deliberation. I have become very good at making rational decisions based on the information that I am given and the knowledge that I have.

Teaching Other People:
8 - Depending on what I am teaching, I may not be so good at teaching other people the skills. I am capable of learning on my own, but sometimes I have trouble thinking like someone else.

Meeting Deadlines:
10 - Aside from the miscommunication last week, I always meet my deadlines. I treat my deadlines as a DEADLINE where past the deadline is the end of the world (somewhere I do not wish to go). As long as a date and time is put up, my responsibility kicks in and I will make it my primary concern to meet that responsibility.

3.
I am comfortable with leading a group of students. Leading a group of people was my primary job when I was a supervisor back then.

4.
I am okay with working with a partner or in a team.
I prefer to work with people rather than alone because I am able to share my ideas and get constructive criticism.

5.
I would like to work in any of the subjects listed.
I have interest in all of the subjects, and I have taken at least one course in every single one of those subjects.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home