Friday, November 26, 2010

Teachers' Views on Technology in Classrooms

After watching a series of eight videos about teachers using technologies in their classrooms, I feel that there will be many benefits if more technology is implemented into our curriculum.

An idea that was used in a school was the implementation of iPads.
This is a very good idea because iPads can replace many things including textbooks, assignments, and perhaps even binders. iPads are powerful tools for organizing notes and word processing assignments. I believe the iPad is great for students to use but I do not think these benefits overrule the price of an iPad.
iPads cost a lot of money. I believe if every student was provided an iPad, they will become too reliant on technology. Technology is reliable but if students forget simple things like textbooks or assignments at home, they will become less responsible.
Overall, iPads are great for education but the benefits do not completely justify the price per unit.

Another idea that I really liked was the digitizing of assignments.
At Mackenzie, we already sort of implement this idea. In some of my classes like this class, assignments are all submitted digitally through the internet.
On the other hand, some teachers ask for paper copies of assignments. I believe this is a waste of paper when compared with handing in assignments through the internet. In both cases, word processing is required, so why not hand in assignments through the internet?
This is an idea that I think all classes should implement. This idea is easy, this idea saves paper, and this idea is simple to implement.

Overall after watching these videos, I do not like most of the ideas.
The ideas I do like have already been considered at the beginning of the course. They were elimlinated due to financial constraints of the school.
Therefore, these ideas are not original to me.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home